To better understand direction codes (bearings):
- Open your GPS [Right Ctrl+M] or compass [2xK].
The direction matches the 360° system. North is marked as 000, East as 090 and so on. Coordinates are also visible on the map.
Clock position is often used for a relative direction. Based on a 12-hour clock analogy, 12 o'clock means directly ahead, 3 o'clock means right and so on. When you receive such information, a simple clock icon appears.
The map is a powerful tool for navigation and commanding.
- Open it by pressing [M].
- Zoom the map in or out with [mouse-wheel up and down].
- Try hiding or showing map textures or centering on your position. Buttons are located on the top toolbar.
- Close the map by pressing [M] or [Esc].
Remember, you can only see the map if you have a GPS or Map in your Inventory.
You have a new task. Tasks are mission objectives received from Command. To open mission tasks:
- Open the task list [J].
Alternatively, you can access your tasks on the map.
- Open the map [M] and select Tasks.
Goals from the active task are marked on your screen. To select a different task as active:
- Open tasks [J].
- Click on the task.
- Then click on set as an active task.
Waypoints mark a location you are ordered to go to by your team-leader or a task. All waypoints and go-to orders will be shown by a marker on the screen. When moving in a formation, a formation marker will also be shown on the screen, but without any distance and description.
Task related waypoints 24px are shown on the map. The displaying of waypoints depends on difficulty settings chosen.
Custom Waypoints 编辑
You can add a custom waypoint to a map. It will be displayed both on the map and in the scene. To add a waypoint
- Open the map by [M].
- Place the waypoint with [Left Shift]+[LMB].