Project Zeus is a new concept where scenarios are curated by one or more Game Masters. Using a 3D real-time editor, they can expand and manipulate scenario content in order to provide more interesting gameplay for other players.
Specific goals and limitations prevent them from becoming too powerful and ensures they also have some challenges to overcome themselves.
To become a Zeus, take the slot marked by Zeus icon in the multiplayer lobby.
Pinging Zeus 编辑
When playing a Zeus scenario, but not in the role of a Zeus, press [Y] to ping him. He'll receive a sound cue and your name will briefly be highlighted. Use this to attract his attention towards a problem or an opportunity ahead.
Don't bother pressing [Y] in rapid succession to spam Zeus, as messages are sent only once per second.
Accessing Zeus 编辑
Press [Y] to toggle the Zeus interface.
It can be available in these two forms:
- Free - Zeus is a soldier on the battlefield who can at any time open the interface to curate the scenario, but risks being killed.
- Forced - the interface is opened automatically and cannot be closed by pressing the key. Zeus is not represented in the world and is safe from any danger.
The camera provides an aerial view over the battlefield.
- Move using [W], [A], [S], [D]
- Change altitude with [Q] and [Z].
- Hold [Left Shift] to accelerate.
- Press [F] to move to the selected unit.
- Press [Enter [NUM]] to toggle the view of the selected unit.
- Press [Space] to move to the last pinged player's position.
- Press Ctrl + F1...F12 to save the camera position, and F1...F12 to restore it.
In some scenarios, the camera's movement area may be limited. While not visualized, you will recognize the border when you've reached it.
The camera moves faster when being higher up. Increase the altitude to easily cover long distances.
The Zeus interface provides additional features for simplified control over the scenario:
- Press [J] to show your briefing and tasks.
- Press [N] to toggle between vision modes (when available).
- Press [O] to toggle the clock.
- Press [K] to toggle the compass.
- Press [Backspace] to toggle the interface.
The map provides an unprecedented overview of everything under your control.
- Open it by pressing [M].
- Zoom the map in or out using [mouse-wheel up and down].
- Click [MMB] to quickly teleport the camera under the cursor.
- Close the map by pressing [M] or [Escape].
- Press [T] to toggle textures.
The current camera position is represented by 32px and an approximate view cone.
Select an entity by clicking [LMB] on its icon or name in the entity list.
- Hold [Left Ctrl] to select add / remove the entity from selection.
- Hold [Left Shift] to select multiple entities (works only in the list).
- Click and drag [LMB] to select multiple entities in the frame.
While all entities can be selected, not all of them can be edited:
- 32px Normal object, can be edited
- 32px Destroyed object, can be edited
- 32px Not in the editing area, cannot be edited
- 32px Player, cannot be edited
- 32px Waypoint, can always be edited
Click and drag an entity using [LMB] to edit it.
- 32px Move it around by default. When vehicle crew is selected, it will be moved out of their vehicle.
- 32px Hold [Left Alt] to change the height.
- 32px When a vehicle is under the cursor, selected soldiers are moved inside.
- 32px Hold [Left Shift] to rotate it.
- 32px When the entity is outside of the editing area or is being dragged into it, editing is not possible.
Some scenarios may limit the editing area. Its borders are visualized in the scene by blue walls and by icons on the map.
Soldiers and ground vehicles moved to a high altitude will parachute to the ground.
Placing waypoints 编辑
When a group (or its member) is selected, you can give it waypoints. They can be created anywhere on the map, no matter where the editing area is.
- Click [RMB] to place a waypoint (it will replace all existing waypoints).
- Hold [Left Ctrl] while clicking to add a new waypoint, preserving the existing ones.
Type is based on what you clicked on:
- 32px MOVE having clicked on an empty space
- 32px GET IN having clicked on a vehicle
- 32px DESTROY having clicked on an enemy
- 32px CYCLE when [Left Alt] is held - upon reaching it, the unit will repeat the waypoints from the first one.
Setting attributes 编辑
Scenarios can allow you to set specific entity attributes.
Doubleclick [LMB] on the entity icon or its name in the entity list to open the attributes window.
Available attributes can be:
- Objects - health, skill, fuel, lock, ...
- Groups - callsign, combat mode, formation, ...
- Waypoints - combat mode, speed, ...
- Markers - text, color, ...
Many modules won't even be initialized until you configure their attributes.
Hold [Left Ctrl], click [LMB] on an object and drag the line.
- Release the button on another object to connect them together.
- Release the button over an empty space to disconnect objects.
Two types of connection exist:
- 32px32px Grouping - when Units or Groups modes are selected, you can group them together. Works only with AI units (e.g. soldiers or manned vehicles)
- 32px Syncing - when Modules mode is selected, objects are synchronized. Some modules may require synchronization to affected objects.
Editing (Advanced) 编辑
Additional keys let you to further manipulate an entity:
- Press [G] to order soldiers in vehicles to get out.
- Press [End] to destroy objects.
- Press [Delete] to delete entities.
Objects can be destroyed or deleted only when inside editing areas. Modules, waypoints and markers can be removed anywhere.
Zeus can place new entities in the scene:
- Select editing mode
- 32px Objects (soldier, vehicles and objects, can be placed only in the editing area)
- 32px Groups of objects
- 32px Modules (systems like artillery strikes, respawn points, weather settings, ...). Can usually be placed anywhere.
- 32px Markers (visible to every player, can be placed anywhere for free)
- Pick a side.
- Select an entity to place.
- Click [LMB] on the ground to place the entity.
- Hold [Left Ctrl] while clicking [LMB] to continue with placement afterwards.
Object cost is previewed on the resources bar at the top of the screen. Entities which are too expensive are greyed out and cannot be placed.
Taking over units 编辑
When you have the 'Remote Control' module available, place it on any non-player unit to take it over.
Once in possession of the unit, you can move, shoot and perform actions as if it were you. However, there are some limitations:
- When controlling a squad leader, you cannot give any orders.
- Messages over chat or VOIP will be still said by You, not the unit.
Press [Y] to return back to the Zeus interface.
Placing fire support 编辑
Zeus can quickly send fire support to any location. However, it takes a few seconds for it to arrive, and players are meanwhile warned and can seek cover.
The fire support module is visualized as an area of expected damage:
- All vehicles and soldiers in the red zone will be destroyed or disabled.
- The orange zone represents the maximal blast radius able to kill soldiers who are not in cover.
Keep in mind that sending fire support onto or near civilian objects opposes international laws of war. Additionally, using cluster ammunition is controversial at best.
Placing explosives 编辑
Explosives and mines placed by Zeus have a special behavior:
- All selected explosives can be detonated by pressing [End].
- Explosives are instantly revealed to everyone who's on the same side as Zeus.
- Approximate minefield areas are visualized on the map for everyone.
Anti-Personnel (AP) mines are banned by international laws of war. Use them with caution!