- Armed Assault
- Creates a unit (person) of the given type (type is a name of a subclass of CfgVehicles) and makes it a member of the given group. If the markers array contains several marker names, the position of a random one is used. Otherwise, the given position is used. The unit is placed inside a circle with this position as its center and placement as its radius. Special properties can be:
- group createUnit [type, position, markers, placement, special]
- group: Group
- [type, position, markers, placement, special]: Array
- type: String
- position: Position, Position2D or Object
- markers: Array
- placement: Number. Radius
- special: String
- Posted on 21 December 2006
Although this command takes a group as an argument, you need to use the join command if you want the created units to perform actions such as move. For example:
comment "Create a new soldier within 100m of the player and cause them to run towards the player" ; _grp = createGroup west; unit = _grp createUnit ["SoldierWB", position player, , 100, "FORM"] ; [unit] join _grp ; unit move position player ;However, some commands such as setUnitPos only work if run before the join.
- Posted on 11 March 2011
- Comment above about 'an additional join required' is no longer true for Operation Arrowhead.