- Operation Flashpoint
- Order the given unit(s) to stop (without radio messages).
DoStop'ed units leave the groups formation. It will prevent the unit from moving around with their group (or formation leader), while still beeing able to turn around and even move to a new position if they see fit. They will still respond to orders from their group leader (like engage, rearm, board a vehicle), but all of their actions will be separate from the group formation .
- Posted on August 3, 2006 - 14:32
- Notes from before the conversion:
This command will make the unit stop where he is until the unit's group engages the enemy. At that time, the unit will move and fight the enemy. One good use for this is to place a bunch of units in the same group around a campfire or in some other place "for looks", and make them sit down or have their weapon on their back. When the enemy is spotted, they will get up and attack. Note that you cannot do something like place somebody behind sandbags and keep him there during a fight with this command. For that you will need disableAI "move".
- In ArmA 1.14, this command will not stop a unit that has been given a move order by selecting the unit, then clicking on the in game map (or ground).
- doStop'ed units WILL return to formation if their leader's behaviour isn't set to "COMBAT". The squad leader will also order everyone to return to formation if there are no enemies nearby in a set period of time, overwriting the doStop command. doStop can be best used to simply stop the unit from doing whatever he is currently doing without radio messages.