- Armed Assault
- Draw an icon on the map. The command needs to be called every frame, preferably with "Draw" control event handler ctrlAddEventHandler.
- map drawIcon [texture, color, position, width, height, angle, text, shadow, textSize, font, align]
- map: Control
- texture: String
- color: Array - [r,g,b,a]
- position: Position2D or Position3D or Object
- width: Number
- height: Number
- angle: Number
- text: String
- shadow: Number or Boolean - 0/false: no shadow, 1: shadow (for text), 2/true: outline (works for text and for icon only if icon angle is 0)
- textSize: Number - (since Arma 3 v0.72)
- font: String - (since Arma 3 v0.72)
- align: String - (since Arma 3 v0.72) "left", "right", "center". Default is "right"
findDisplay 12 displayCtrl 51 ctrlAddEventHandler ["Draw", " _this select 0 drawIcon [ 'iconStaticMG', [1,0,0,1], getPos player, 24, 24, getDir player, 'Player Vehicle', 1, 0.03, 'TahomaB', 'right' ] "];
- Posted on July 03, 2013 - 15:35
- Support of paremeters textSize, font and align is in the game since Arma 3 version 0.72.
- Posted on March 22, 2014
- Waffle SS.
- icon will always remain the same width and height, if you want an icon scaled to the map, use:
(sizeInMeters * 0.15) * 10^(abs log (ctrlMapScale _ctrl))for width and height (guessimated).
- Posted on July 20, 2014 - 16:59 (UTC)
- If you want only text with no icon, you can use "#(argb,8,8,3)color(0,0,0,0)" as texture.
- Posted on July 7, 2015 - 21:27 (UTC)
- Waffle SS.
- Be careful when using this command. Unlike map markers, the draw commands can decrease your framerate.
- Posted on January 4, 2016 - 05:41 (UTC)
Arma 3 1.54
This command doesn't seem to play nice with onEachFrame. It seems to draw on the main screen while maintaing position relative to the map position
findDisplay 12 displayCtrl 51 drawIcon ['iconStaticMG',[1,0,0,1],getPos player,24,24,getDir player,'Player Vehicle',1,0.03,'TahomaB','right'];