- Operation Flashpoint
- Forces a unit to fire the given weapon.
NOTE: Just like with forceWeaponFire it is possible to pass remote unit as argument, but this could be unreliable. Considering this command might need to be used in combination with selectWeapon, which takes only local arguments, it would make sense to execute fire command where unit is also local.
- unit fire weaponName
- unit: Object - unit that's supposed to fire
- weaponName: String - name of the weapon to be fired
- unit fire [muzzle, mode, magazine]
- unit: Object
- [muzzle, mode, magazine]: Array
- muzzle: String
- mode: String
- magazine: String (Optional)
_soldier fire "M16";
_soldier fire "SmokeShellMuzzle";
_soldier fire ["SmokeShellMuzzle","SmokeShellMuzzle","SmokeShell"];
player playActionNow "PutDown"; player selectWeapon "DemoChargeMuzzle"; player fire ["DemoChargeMuzzle", "DemoChargeMuzzle", "DemoCharge_Remote_Mag"]; player setWeaponReloadingTime [player, "DemoChargeMuzzle", 0];
- forceWeaponFireselectWeaponfireAtTargetdoFirecommandFireaction ["UseWeapon"]Category:Weapons
- Posted on August 17, 2006
- Sometimes AI won't shoot when you use this command. It can be fixed by placing selectWeapon command before it.
- Posted on February 2, 2007
In OFP v1.96, when a man class unit is given this command, he will aim up in the air before firing his weapon. This makes it rather useless if you want to make him shoot a target. It does work with vehicles, when the vehicle is first given a doWatch or doTarget command.
- Posted on January 20, 2007
- In ArmA v1.02, this command is not working with weapons in the secondary turrets (like "DSHKM" in t72)
- Posted on Jan 15, 2008
To place a satchel (pipebomb) the syntax is:
OFP: unitname Fire ["put", "pipebomb"]
ArmA: unitname Fire ["pipebombmuzzle", "pipebombmuzzle", "pipebomb"];
The triggering is done via a "TOUCHOFF" action.
- Posted on March 18, 2010
- In Arma2 AI will automatically shoot straight up. Command seems to be broken.
- Posted on November 24, 2010
- Command is broken - confirmed. Use action "USEWEAPON" instead.
Place a game logic in the editor. Name it MyGameLogic.
Use this code to make unit1 fire his primaryweapon:
MyGameLogic action ["useWeapon",primaryWeapon unit1,unit1,0];
- Posted on Feburary 25, 2011
- Command works just fine in A2/OA. Make sure to execute it on local AI.
- Posted on April 06, 2012
- Max Power
- If it did work at one time, it does no longer. The AI (or player) is forced to look upwards or reacts to a massive recoil force before getting his shot off.
- Posted on Feburary 16, 2013
- Command did not work with ACR 1.62. Used fireAtTarget instead.
- Posted on June 4, 2014 - 21:14 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
In Arma 3 in order for AI to place Claymore, for example, it is necessary to execute 3 statements - an animation, weapon select and the actual fire command. Animation is most likely for forcing unit to leave rest state, weapon select and fire kinda both go together anyway:
_unit playActionNow "PutDown"; _unit selectWeapon "DirectionalMineRemoteMuzzle"; _unit fire [
"DirectionalMineRemoteMuzzle", "DirectionalMineRemoteMuzzle", "ClaymoreDirectionalMine_Remote_Mag"