- Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
- Return content of given filename.
_contents = loadFile "myFunction.sqf"
- Posted on 28 November 2006 - 01:37
- In Armed Assault, the 'loadfile' command must be preceded by the 'compile' command to work.
Ex OFP 1.96: _falarmEvent = loadfile ("syswarn\falarmEvent.sqf")
Ex ArmA 1.0: _falarmEvent = compile loadfile ("syswarn\falarmEvent.sqf")
- Posted on 11 July 2007 - 01:10 (CEST)
- The note by Pennywise is not entirely accurate. loadFile only needs to be preceded with compile when loading code (for example, a function contained in an .sqf file). Using loadFile without compile will return a string, which, in some cases, is exactly what you want.
- Posted on 02 December 2012 - 11:17 (ZULU)
- Please note that any comment you have within the file you load will be included, to get around that use preprocessFile instead.