This scripting command must be executed on the server to work properly in multiplayer
- Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead
- From server machine, change the ownership of an object to a given client. Returns true if locality was changed.
Since Arma 3 v1.40, this command should not be used to transfer ownership of units with AI (agents are an exception to this rule). Using command in an unintended way will display an on-screen warning and log a message to .rpt file.
To transfer ownership of all AI units in a group properly, use setGroupOwner instead.
- object setOwner clientID
- object: Object -
- clientID: Number - clientID of the new owner
_someObject setOwner 12;
_someObject setOwner (owner _playerObject);
- Posted on January 7, 2015 - 18:28 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
- The ownership can only be given from server to client. For some reason the server cannot return ownership back with this command. This is fixed in Arma 3 1.40