- Operation Flashpoint
- Set group speed mode. Mode may be one of:
- "LIMITED" (half speed)
- "NORMAL" (full speed, maintain formation)
- "FULL" (do not wait for any other units in formation)
_groupOne setSpeedMode "LIMITED"
- Posted on 14 Feb 2010
- Although setSpeedMode can be called on an individual unit, the entire group will be affected.
- Posted on 17 May 2008
- In Multiplayer, this command is overwritten by itself to NORMAL or FULLSPEED (i don't know which one, but it's fast move) when you ask the unit to move via script (ex : _unit doMove (getMarkerPos "destination"); )
The solution to solve this problem is to initialize the setSpeedMode after your order the unit to move.
So basically it gives you :
_unit doMove (getMarkerPos "destination");
_unit setSpeedMode "LIMITED";
If you plan to move the unit again after it reaches its destination, you will have to set the speed mode to LIMITED again like i did just above.