- Operation Flashpoint: Resistance
- Operation Flashpoint, VBS1: Set desired terrain resolution (in meters).
For default landscapes, supported resolutions are:
- 50 - smoothest, less lag
- 25 - default in multiplayer
- 12.5 - default in singleplayer
- 3.125 - bumpiest, higher lag
If you select unsupported resolutions, nearest supported value is used instead.
Armed Assault, VBS2: Terrain resolution is fixed, determined by the world created. This function controls terrain LOD instead (the distance in which the terrain mesh resolution starts to degrade). Higher number means less vertices are used for terrain rendering, making distant hills less smooth. Value 12.5 corresponds to selecting Terrain Detail Normal in Video options, 50 to Very Low, 3.125 to Very High.
- Posted on August 4, 2006 - 12:02
- Notes from before the conversion:
This is like opening up your video preferences and changing "terrain detail", i.e.: setTerrainGrid 50 = lowest detail setTerrainGrid 3.125 = highest detail It is similar to the command setViewDistance.
- Posted on August 18, 2007 - 9:46
- Effects on grass:
- 50: disables/removes grass altogether.
- 25: grass is visible.
- Lower values make grass drawn a bit further at distance. However the effect is decreasing rapidly: Grass radius of 25 is 100%. 12.5 is now like 100% + 20%, 6.25 is like 100% + 20% + 5% and 3.125 is 100% + 20% + 5% + 1%. Note these are estimates!
Demo Mission Test_VD_TD.Sara.rar: ViewDistance and TerrainGrid can be changed via RadioTriggers
- Posted on December 15, 2019 - 5:50
- ArmA2 Supported Reso:
In ArmA2 you are not stuck to 50, 25, 12 etc. 45 is a lower setting then 25!
- Posted on March 13, 2013 - 17:05
- ArmA 3 Multiplayer default:
Some testing indicates that the default value for Arma 3 multiplayer is 10 - just like before. 10 is between "Normal" and "High".
An user's terrain detail setting is ignored in multiplayer just like in ArmA 2.
- Posted on November 19, 2014 - 17:44 (UTC)
TerrainGrid values for Arma 3 1.34:
Low = 50 (NoGrass)
Standard = 25
High = 12.5
Very High = 6.25
Ultra = 3.125