- Armed Assault
- Set object's up vector. Direction vector will remain unchanged. Default object's vectorUp is [0,0,1].
In Multiplayer, setVectorUp must be executed on the machine where the object it applied to is local.
- Turn object upside down:
_obj setVectorUp [0,0,-1];
- Align object with the terrain underneath:
_obj setVectorUp surfaceNormal position _obj;
- Posted on March 22, 2007 - 05:07
An in-depth discussion on the concept of vectors is available here.
- Posted on March 16, 2008 - 09:49
- Command can be also used to rotate camera in all three axis (which also mean it's possible to set camera bank).
- Posted on October 3, 2013
It is possible to change both pitch and bank of an object (surfaceNormal application for instance). Assuming an ammo box in the following example is facing North (default direction is 0):
_ammobox setVectorUp [0,1,0]; //box is pitched 90 degrees forward _ammobox setVectorUp [1,0,0]; //box is banked 90 degrees to the rightHowever the above will stop working as soon as you attach the box to something. The following trick however will work in this case:
_ammobox attachTo [player, [0,2,1]]; _ammobox setVectorUp [0,0.99,0.01]; //box is pitched ~90 degrees forward _ammobox setVectorUp [0.99,0,0.01]; //box is banked ~90 degrees to the right
setVectorUp can only influence an object's bank. It can not influence pitch. Example:
player setVectorUp [0,1,0] If the player is facing 0 degrees (north), then this will do NOTHING. If the player is facing 90 degrees (east), then this will make him bank 90 degrees to his left.
--General Barron 21:07, 3 March 2009 (CET)