- Arma 2
- Enable / disable showing of HUD. Defines visibility of weapon crosshair and any informational tags that appear when pointing the weapon at an object as well as availability of the default action menu. Unfortunately, it also hides icons drawn with drawIcon3D.
Appearance of HUD can also be controlled with showHUD param in description.ext. NOTE: As of Arma 3 v1.49.131879 there is a showHUD array param, that is identical in format to the extended showHUD command. When showHUD array param is present in description.ext, it will disable showHUD command entirely, allowing mission makers to permanently alter visibility of some HUD elements.
- showHUD [hud, info, radar, compass, direction, menu, group, cursors] (Since Arma 3 v1.49.131879)
- [hud, info, radar, compass, direction, menu, group, cursors]: Array
- hud: Boolean - show scripted HUD (same as normal showHUD true/false)
- info: Boolean - show vehicle + soldier info (hides weapon info from the HUD as well)
- radar: Boolean - show vehicle radar
- compass: Boolean - show vehicle compass
- direction: Boolean - show tank direction indicator (not present in vanilla Arma 3)
- menu: Boolean - show commanding menu (hides HC related menus)
- group: Boolean - show group info bar (hides squad leader info bar)
- cursors: Boolean - show HUD weapon cursors (connected with scripted HUD)
- Hide vehicle radar and compass:
- Check if HUD visibility is hardcoded in mission config and showHUD command is overriden:
_disabledShowHUD = isArray (missionConfigFile >> "showHUD");
- Posted on August 17, 2015 - 17:08 (UTC)
- Killzone Kid
- Last param, "cursors" controls visibility of the action menu as well as weapon cursors. However if 1st param "hud" hides and disables action menu, last param "cursors" only hides it. So you get invisible action menu that is fully operational. inGameUISetEventHandler will still fire on interaction, giving the information about selected item on the action menu even if you cannot see it. Unfortunately it also hides icons drawn with drawIcon3D.