What were your first impressions when you came to this Wiki?
What were the hardest parts? Where would you have needed more help?
This is the place to leave your feedback and recommendations, and where we can discuss how to make that step into the Wiki-World a bit less scary...
//// I was hoping that there would be more straight-up tutorials and that they would be more fleshed-out for ArmA2. danstermeister 2010
//// I came here to find infos about easy map editing. I basically just search for a little how-to on how to use the initialization label in the arma editor. Like how to set the initial flying altitude for a helicopter. I think a wiki could proof its strengths at this point, because once I figured out, I will make a list of easy and quick examples, which more talented people could expand on later. --False2000 12:58, 17 January 2008 (CET)
//// I love the site design. It's clean and not overloaded with information and images that I don't need. I guess the main issue for people who have no Wiki experience is figuring out how it works. I remember my first time to Wikipedia.com and I could not believe you could actually edit articles.
//// Well it is scary per say when you first come, its hard to find your place at first! After that I think if you watch what other people post and edit, you can become a major contributer! This place has alot of potential. ~~Sniper Pilot
//// In my point of view the site is clean and asking for real fans of the game and the community, which is pretty large already, to help getting a nice wiki to show off. I think it is important to give some explanation or link to wikipedia.com about editing itself. Also, I like the idea of involving newbies in getting things done here, even if it is little. Like the village pump picture, for example. So, let's move, comrades! ;o)
- To familiarize yourself with the wiki, try the following places:
- The "Help" link in the menu will has some examples and other links to more in-depth articles
- There is a public "sandbox" where you can experiment with wiki code
- Once your account is set up you should also have a private sandbox for experimenting and storing unfinished content. If you have an account, but no sandbox yet, ask a sysop to set one up for you.
- Kronzky 17:25, 30 January 2007 (CET)
//// I just followed the link from the manual of ArmA (p.25), got here and instantly made an account!!! I was a member of OFPEC before when I was playing OFP though... <Nameless>
//// Ok, its nice.. there's -lots- of information here, but please.. -for the love of god- use some colour, somebody.. We are no longer using black and white TV's and whilst it looks 'clean' and formal, simply colour-coding articles based on whether they are art/code issues etc.. (im sure someone can think up better catagories) will make the site much more easy to navigate...
- Good idea, but I'm not too sure about colors as a seperator. I would like to see something like Wikipedia's disclaimer regarding health or law related articles. Like "NERD ALERT! This article discusses scripting related stuff.". Oh, just checked. No article on WP has this disclaimer anymore .. uhhhh .. can anyone explain why WP stopped using this concept? Cheers, --False2000 13:10, 17 January 2008 (CET)
//// Yeh, coulour would be nice, I think thats what scares people away from Wiki's is the professional look, most just want to browse, so some colour would make their time here more relaxed maybe... <Nameless>
//// I agree that a new theme would do the place no harm, but my overall impression of this wiki is excellent. It's tidy, clean, and most, if not all, of the content is well written. The wiki didn't scare me away at all. --MattyDienhoff 07:34, 20 May 2008 (CEST)
//// I love this site. It's cleanly written and structured, it doesn't need to be fancy. I came here for searching information and that's what I found. And I hate Sites that are dumped with blinking images and commercials and so on (ok I forgive you the blinking ArmA-icon ;-). This wiki is the best special topic related wiki I've ever seen. --Knallgiraffe 07:54, 10 July 2009 (CEST)